3.01.2013

White Chocolate Raspberry Greek Yogurt Cookies

I wanted a COOKIE, but I didn't want to OVER do it. So I found a recipe using Greek YOGURT instead of any oil, butter, or shortening. I tweaked it. And now, I LOVE it! The cookies turned out YUMMY, and I don't feel quite so guilty eating one. Or two.


White Chocolate Raspberry Greek Yogurt Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 heaping cup quartered fresh raspberries
1/3 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats.

In a bowl, mix together the sugar, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Gently fold in the raspberries and chocolate chips. Spoon a tablespoon or so onto the prepared baking sheets and then bake for about 10 minutes or just until they start to brown around on the edges. Let cool for a minute on the baking sheet and then completely on a wire rack.

TIP: La Fuji Mama topped her cookies a Lemon Cream Cheese frosting, but I don't think these need it. I did make a little glaze using a couple tablespoons powdered sugar, a splash of milk, and a couple drops of coconut extract. It was yummy on the cookies too, but like I said—plain is just fine. And better for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment