4.25.2013

Sweet and Sour Chicken

So, there are nights when I PANIC because I have no idea what to make for dinner. That is when I'm thankful for canned CHICKEN. Yes, you heard me right. Canned chicken, folks! But, not just any canned chicken. It has to be the Costco Kirkland brand. It is moist, TENDER, and does not taste like tuna fish! Anyway, this SUPER easy dinner features that chicken. And you would NEVER know it unless I told you!


Sweet and Sour Chicken
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
Broccoli florets
1 cup or so thinly sliced carrots
1 can Kirkland brand chicken, drained
1/3 cup slivered almonds
About 1/2 to 3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce (I use about 1/2 jar of the Kikkoman brand)
Warm cooked rice

In a large frying pan, saute the vegetables in a little bit of olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes. If the veggies are still too crisp, put a lid on the pan for a few minutes and steam. Stir in the chicken, almonds, and sweet and sour sauce. It will be a pretty thick mixture, so I typically thin it out with some water to reach my desired sauce consistency. Add a little black pepper and let bubble for a few minutes over the heat. Serve over warm rice. Makes about 4 to 6 servings.

TIP: Use your favorite veggies! And, I was going to add some chopped pineapple but totally forgot!

No comments:

Post a Comment