2.15.2012

"Slutty" Brownies

OK, so I've been obsessed with Pinterest and have found SO MANY recipes and fun things I want to try. Well, this recipe seemed SUPER interesting and had to be DELICIOUS, so I just couldn't resist trying it. It's from the blog What's Gaby Cooking. I adjusted the recipe and used a boxed brownie mix instead to make it a little more SIMPLE, but I'm sure hers is just as good!


"Slutty" Brownies
1 box brownie mix for an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch pan
1 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tesapoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 package Oreos

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions and set aside.

In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until incorporated. Add the chocolate chips.

Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Press about 2/3 to 3/4 of the cookie dough evenly in the bottom of the pan. (Save the rest to make cookies another day!) Place Oreos over cookie dough to cover. Spread brownie batter evenly over top and then place in oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes and then test with a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done. If it comes out with wet and glossy brownie batter, cook it 5 minutes longer and test again.

NOTE: It took me around an hour to have it bake completely through, however when I went to use my oven the next day, it wouldn't heat properly, so I'm not sure if it was "going out" while baking the brownies. I just kept baking in 5-minute intervals until they were done. Just be careful because you don't want to burn these bad boys!

TIP: Serve with ice cream to mellow them out, or top the ice cream with hot fudge to make them even more delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment