5.25.2012

Cordon Bleu Bake

This is a yummy little PASTA recipe that is super simple and always gets RAVE reviews. It's almost too easy. Like so EASY that I'm embarrassed when people ask for the recipe. But, the best part is that it is a WINNER with my KIDDOS, and that's a good thing! (Sorry for the weird photo!)


Cordon Bleu Bake

2 cups mini penne pasta 
1 cup cubed ham
1 (12-ounce) can good-quality chicken, broken up (LOVE the Costco brand)
1 (15-ounce) jar alfredo sauce (I use Classico's Light Asiago Romano Alfredo)
Dash of pepper
6 to 10 slices Swiss cheese

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return to the pan. Stir in the ham, chicken, alfredo sauce, and pepper; warm through. Scoop mixture into 6 ramekins and cover each with a slice or two of cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned on top. Makes 6 servings.

TIP: You could stir some grated Swiss into the sauce if you want it more cheesy, but I don't think it's needed. You could also top with breadcrumbs if you so desire. My secret: I've found that if I stir chopped up broccoli or peas (or whatever veggie I feel like using) and stir it into a creamy-based pasta, my 2 year old will eat it without question. Just sayin'. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment