8.25.2012

Peach Muffins


I've posted this recipe before, but since it is my FAVORITE muffin recipe, I figured I better do it again while all the PEACHES are coming on. Every year I make up a few batches of these DELISH muffins. I make so many that I FREEZE a bunch and then pull some out whenever I get the craving!


Peach Muffins
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil 
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 cups fresh peaches, peeled and chopped

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare a muffin pan with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, mix together the flour, spices, soda, and salt; set aside. In another bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, and sugars. Combine mixtures and stir in the peaches. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and then bake for 18 to 23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool about 5 minutes in the pan and then let cool completely on a wire rack. Makes about 2 dozen.

TIP: I'm sure this would be great with canned peaches as well—just make sure if they are in syrup that you give them a rinse before putting in the batter. Another great addition would some yummy chopped pecans or walnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment