12.10.2012

Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowls


Here's another QUICK dinner recipe. It's full of veggies and my KIDS still love it! With all the extra sweets around this time of year, VEGGIES are definitely necessary. There needs to be some sort of balance, RIGHT?   


Easy Teriyaki Chicken Bowls
1/2 onion sliced
1 zucchini, halved and then sliced
1 other summer squash (I used a yellow)
1 cup sliced carrots (this time I had the matchstick variety)
1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas 
1 large can good-quality chicken
Black pepper
Favorite teriyaki sauce (I use Soy Veri from Costco)
Warm cooked rice

Saute the veggies in olive oil in a large frying pan until tender. Stir in the chicken and season with some black pepper. Gradually add the teriyaki sauce to taste and then serve in bowls over warm rice.

TIP: This recipe is soooo versatile. You can make it according to whatever you have on hand. During the winter when there's a little less fresh produce around, I usually throw in some bell peppers and broccoli instead of the squash. But like I said, put in whatever your family likes and I'm sure it will be good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment