1.15.2013

Roasted Brussels Sprout Salad

I've been seeing a lot of Brussels sprouts RECIPES floating around and decided to try one of my own. It ended up being a slightly DECADENT side dish. I seriously can't tell you how much I LOVED this dish. I may or may not have eaten all the LEFTOVERS for lunch the next day. (Please excuse the terrible pic—I really need a different camera!)


Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
About 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and quartered
1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
Olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup gorgonzola crumbles
Crumbled cooked bacon (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the sprouts, onion, and garlic in a baking dish that has been lightly coated with olive oil. Drizzle a little oil over top and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then place in the oven. Bake for about 30 minutes or until tender, and tossing after 20 minutes. When sprouts seem tender, stir in the pecans and craisins and bake a few minutes more. Remove from the oven and then stir in the cheese. Add bacon if desired. Mmmmmmm!

TIP: Again, I seriously loved this recipe! Just go easy on the salt because the cheese is very salty, as well as the bacon if you use it. I'm sure walnuts or even slivered almonds would be just as yummy in this, and a true blue cheese would be great if you like a stronger blue cheese. Either way, hope you like this as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment