9.15.2012

Chopped Mango Salad

As many of you know, I LOVE salads! Obviously, since I have a couple cookbooks that focus only on SALADS. Anyway, this yummy mango salad is a gem! I found a new dressing that sounded pretty SCRUMPTIOUS, so I needed a tasty and REFRESHING salad to go with it. Here it is!


Chopped Mango Salad 
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1 cup frozen super sweet white corn, thawed
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
6 to 8 ounces extra sharp white cheddar cheese, cubed into small pieces
1/2 cup craisins (I used cherry-flavored)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 (8-ounce) bottle Kraft's Chipotle Mango Salad dressing

In a pretty large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and toss with the dressing to coat. Serve immediately. Makes a ton, roughly 18 to 20 servings.

TIP: I think that chopped salads should be full of crunchy things! Feel free to add or take away anything you want to make it your own. I think cashews would be yummy in place of the sunflower seeds, or even some fried wontons broken into pieces. A bit of diced up pineapple would also be super YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment