6.20.2013

Chopped Mango Chicken Salad

About a month ago, my husband and I went to TRADER JOE'S and I discovered something amazing—Roasted COCONUT Chips! The moment I opened the bag and sampled the "chips" I starting DREAMING of this salad. It is refreshing and light and absolutely DELISH!


Chopped Mango Chicken Salad
Romaine lettuce, chopped
Chopped cooked chicken (I cooked mine with olive oil and Montreal Chicken Seasoning)
Red bell pepper, chopped
Red onion, chopped
Fresh ripe mango, chopped
Extra sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into little pieces
Avocado, chopped
Trader Joe's Roasted Coconut Chips
Wonton strips (I buy these on the "salad" aisle at Target, or you could just make some!)
Kraft's Mango Chipotle salad dressing

Build your salads on individual plates starting with a handful or two of lettuce, then top with the chicken, bell pepper, onion, cheese, mango, avocado, wonton strips, and the coconut chips. Drizzle dressing over top.

TIP: Mix and match your salad toppings! I think chopped macadamia nuts would be fantastic in place of the wonton strips, and gorgonzola cheese might be fun instead of the extra sharp white. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment