10.20.2013

Sweet and Tangy Meatloaf

I found this YUMMY recipe on Six Sisters Stuff, and I was not disappointed. The meatloaf was TENDER and moist as well as sweet and TANGY—just as promised! Even the kiddos enjoyed it, which is saying something because they have not been to keen on DINNER these days. :)


Sweet and Tangy Meatloaf (from Six Sisters Stuff blog)

1 pound ground beef
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apricot preserves
Glaze
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apricot preserves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and apricot preserves.  Place in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.  Cook for 40-50 minutes.  In a separate bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar and apricot preserves.  Remove meatloaf from oven after it has cooked, spread on glaze and cook for an additional 20 minutes.

TIP: I didn't have apricot preserves, but I did have peach freezer jam. It worked out great! I'm sure some chopped onions would also be a great addition. And if you have any leftovers, try heating up a slice and make a sandwich. Super yum!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this one! I made it and EVERY person in my family raved and ate it! They said I should make it weekly. I liked it too but thought it was a bit on the sweet side. I wonder if I doubled the beef but left the other ingredients the same, if that would even it out a bit. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete