1.04.2010

Breakfast Burrito

My New Year's resolution every year is to eat HEALTHY and skip ALL treats for the month of January. I try to eat EXTRA good foods for me during this time so I can try and drop any extra pounds I may have gained while gorging over the holidays. This is a classic that can really be used for ANY meal of the day.

Breakfast Burrito
1-2 large eggs (see TIP)
2 teaspoons skim milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup reduced-fat or fat-free cheddar cheese
1-2 tablespoons chunky salsa
1 whole wheat tortilla

In a frying pan sprayed with nonstick spray, scramble the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper. When the eggs are mostly cooked, stir in the cheese and salsa. When the cheese is melted and the salsa warmed through, scoop onto the tortilla, roll like a burrito, and serve!

TIP: If you want to be EXTRA healthy, just use 2 egg whites and toss the yolks in the trash. And, if you want to be less healthy, cook up a sausage link or two and slice. Then just throw the sausage in with the cheese and salsa. Bonus: You can buy turkey sausage links that are pretty low fat and that taste great!



1 comment:

  1. mmmm.. you just made me hungry and I had breakfast not 1 hour ago...

    ReplyDelete