1.20.2010

Turkey Burgers with Black Bean, Corn, and Red Pepper Relish

I can hardly WAIT for dinner to be ready every time I make this. It is such an EASY meal and so fantastic, I want it ALL the time. Even better is that it ends up being a fairly healthy dish! I guess you could call these mouthwatering burgers my GO-TO dinner. I don't have exact measurements for the relish, but I don't think it's really necessary. I usually just try and use equal parts of each. Ask me if you want estimates though!



Turkey Burgers with Black Bean, Corn, and Red Pepper Relish
Frozen premade turkey burger patties (I usually buy these from Costco, but the pic above is a homemade recipe of mine! I'll post it soon.)
Some chopped red bell pepper
Some black beans, rinsed and drained
Some frozen super sweet white corn
Condiments of choice (usually just ketchup and mustard for me)
Whole wheat hamburger buns

Cook the burgers according to package directions. We usually do them outside on the BBQ or inside on a grill pan or our George Foreman Grill. It tastes great any of these ways.

In a frying pan prepared with nonstick spray or a touch of extra virgin olive oil, saute the bell pepper for a couple of minutes and then add the black beans and corn. Cook until beans and corn are warmed through. Dress the bun with your condiments of choice and then plop your burger on the bottom. Scoop a LARGE spoonful of the relish over the burger and then top with the top half of the bun.

TIP: Although this makes it slightly less healthy, before putting your burger on your bun, top it with relish and cover with a slice of pepper jack or mozzarella cheese (the lighter choice). Zap it in the microwave so the cheese is just melted and then put on your bun. The cheese holds all the yummy relish in place, making it less likely to fall out of your hamburger as you're eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment