1.16.2010

Yummy Granola

This is a recipe my MOM has made for years. The first time I made it for my HUSBAND, he basically downed the WHOLE batch. Now I always have to DOUBLE the recipe if I want some for myself!

Yummy Granola
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup slivered or sliced almonds (I prefer slivered)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup sesame seeds
6 cups oatmeal

In a saucepan, melt the butter and then add the honey, water, and sugar. Stir until all is melted and combined.

In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients over top and mix well. Spread on a baking sheet with sides and bake at 250 degrees for 60 minutes, stirring several times. Turn off oven and open door a crack, leaving granola inside to cool completely. Store in a large ziplock bag or Tupperware container. Eat with milk for breakfast, stirred in with your favorite yogurt, as a snack, or even sprinkled over ice cream!

TIP: You can also add any kind of dried fruit to the mix once it has completely cooled. I love craisins or dried raspberries. Fresh fruit added to individual servings is also yummy! OH, and try experimenting. You can add different types of nuts or basically anything else you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment