3.21.2010

The Best Sloppy Joes EVER!

I learned this EASY recipe from my mother-in-law! It is now definitely one of my FAVORITES. I added the bell peppers because that's what my family likes, but these are still DELICIOUS without them.


The Best Sloppy Joes EVER!
1 pound ground turkey (or ground beef)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1 can chicken gumbo soup, condensed
1/2 cup ketchup (or more if desired)
3–4 tablespoons mustard (or more if desired)
Hamburger buns

In a frying pan, brown the turkey and then drain. Season with salt and pepper and then toss in the bell peppers. Let cook until peppers start to soften, just a few minutes. Add the soup, ketchup, and mustard to the pan and stir. Give it a taste and adjust if necessary. Let simmer for 5–10 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.

TIP: My husband likes to top his Joe with a slice of pepper jack cheese. I have to admit, it is pretty tasty that way, but I don't think it needs it (at least not if you're trying to lose baby weight like me!). He also likes to eat his sandwich open-faced with a fork and forgo the "sloppy" part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment