5.13.2010

Red Wine Vinaigrette

So it might seem SILLY to post such an easy salad dressing, but I sometimes forget about this little GEM of a recipe! This dressing is so YUMMY and super fast to make. And, it TASTES good on just about any SALAD, especially my favorite with pears, candied pecans, and gorgonzola! (Hmmm, maybe I'll post that recipe a little later . . . )

Red Wine Vinaigrette
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4–1/2 cup sugar (to taste, but start with 1/4!)
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2  teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a jar with a screw-on lid. Shake vigorously and serve over your favorite salad.

TIP: I found a recipe once very similar to this one that used raspberry wine vinegar instead of red wine. I'm sure you could experiment with all sorts of different vinegars and get some very tasty variations!

No comments:

Post a Comment