7.09.2010

Creamy Lemon Pasta

I was EXPERIMENTING the other night and put this YUMMY pasta together because I had some FRESH lemons I wanted to use. It definitely fits in the EASY category and tastes AMAZING, especially if you LOVE lemon!


Creamy Lemon Pasta
Olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
1 to 2 lemons
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons heaving whipping cream
2 to 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, warmed in microwave
1 bag frozen cheese tortellini, cooked according to package directions
Fresh Parmesan cheese

Heat the oil in a large frying pan and then add the garlic and chicken; stir and let cook together a few minutes. Pour in the broth and let come to a low boil. Juice the lemon(s) and then combine with the cornstarch; pour into pan and stir. Let come to low boil again; mixture will start to thicken. Once thick, stir in the cream. (If sauce is too thick, add a little more broth.) Add the cooked broccoli and tortellini. Serve with grated Parmesan over top. Makes around 6 servings.

TIP: I use 2 lemons because my family likes a strong lemon flavor, but feel free to just use 1 lemon or about 1/4 cup lemon juice if you prefer a more subtle lemon taste. I actually also zest the lemons for even more lemony goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this fabulous experiment. It was one of the few meals at my house that EVERYONE thoroughly enjoyed. And that includes a 4 and 2 yr old who it seems never like the same thing at the same time. I used the lemon juice and it was Kid Friendly.

    ReplyDelete