2.17.2011

Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken and Dried Cherries

I LOVE salads (obviously, I wrote 101 Things to do with Salads!), and I love making up new combinations with whatever I happen to have on HAND. This one was a real winner and is making my MOUTH water right now just thinking about it!


Chopped Salad with Grilled Chicken and Dried Cherries
4 to 6 chicken tenders, seasoned with Montreal Chicken Seasoning
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/3 red onion, chopped
4 to 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (I used the really lean Jennie-O brand)
Extra sharp white cheddar cheese, cut into small pieces or cubes (try the Cabot brand, it's only 1.99 at my grocery store!)
Dried cherries, roughly chopped
Cashews, roughly chopped
Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette

On a BBQ or in a grill pan, grill the seasoned chicken until done; let cool slightly and then chop or slice. On individual serving plates, pile on the lettuce, celery, cucumber, and onion. Sprinkle some of the chicken down the center of the salad and then top with the bacon, cheese, cherries, and cashews. Top with the vinaigrette and enjoy!

TIP: As usual, this recipe's ingredients can totally be changed according to your tastes. If you don't like strong cheese, just use something more mild. Or if you prefer craisins to the more tart dried cherries, that's fine too. Just be creative and enjoy. Oh, and I served mine with some yummy warm muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment