2.21.2011

Mom's Potato Salad

So, is it weird that I've been WANTING some of this yummy POTATO salad? Once you try it, you'll want it at more than just summer BBQs too! (I am pregnant . . . with twins . . . so that might be another reason I want it soooo bad!)


Mom's Potato Salad

5 to 6 large red potatoes, cooked and cubed
4 to 5 hard-boiled eggs, chopped with a few slices reserved
1/2 cup chopped pickles
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 cup mayonnaise 
1 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon mustard
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper, to taste

In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, eggs, pickles, and onions; set aside.

In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and milk until creamy and smooth. Spoon over potato mixture and then gently stir until completely covered. Season with salt and pepper and top with reserved egg slices for garnish. Makes 8 to 10 servings.


TIP: I use light mayo and light sour cream, and it's still delicious but has a lot fewer calories and fat! I also like to sprinkle a little paprika over the sliced eggs on top. OK, so let me know if I'm crazy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment