6.15.2012

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

I've been a little OBSESSED with beets lately, so when I did a quick weekend trip to visit a friend in Philly and she made this SALAD, I was a very happy girl! It was a fantastic and LIGHT lunch that she just threw together. It was that EASY.


Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Pickled whole beets, chilled (just the kind in the jar at Walmart)
Spring mix lettuce blend
Oil & vinegar dressing (we used Paul Newman's)
Goat cheese
Sunflower seeds

Slice or cut the beets into bite-size pieces; set aside. Place desired amount of lettuce on a plate or in a bowl. Drizzle with a little dressing and toss to coat. Top with the beets and some crumbled goat cheese as well as some sunflower seeds. Simple but amazing!!

TIP: You could obviously add any other yummy veggies to this salad and I'm sure it would be amazing. Cooked and crumbled bacon would be fabulous too. However, I love it as is!

No comments:

Post a Comment