6.20.2012

Open-Faced Turkey and Veggie Sandwich

Yum! I recently had a LARGE quantity of bell peppers in my FRIDGE and needed to come up with some way to use them. I think I found a new FAVORITE recipe! Not only is this meal pretty, but it is PRETTY easy and good for you too.


Open-Faced Turkey and Veggie Sandwich
Red and orange bell peppers, sliced
Sweet onion, sliced
Deli turkey (I used the thicker-cut Costco brand), sliced/cubed
Pesto
Rosemary Olive Oil Bread (from Costco or Smith's is what I like best)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded Parmesan cheese

In a frying pan, saute the peppers and onion until slightly golden but still crunchy. Stir in the turkey and a scoop or two of pesto (just to coat lightly).

Turn the broiler onto high. Place bread on a baking sheet and then generously top with turkey and veggie mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese and just a sprinkle of the Parmesan. Stick under the broiler until lightly browned and bubbly.

TIP: This would be fantastic with just veggies! I'm sure tomatoes would be great, but I'm not a tomato person per say, so you'll have to let me know. Also, if you want your bread toasty, feel free to toast it before topping it with the veggies. As is, only the outer edges get toasty in the broiler.

1 comment:

  1. I just made this tonight with some focaccia bread I picked up at the farmer's market tonight and it was a HUGE hit with me and the hubby!

    ReplyDelete