7.10.2012

BBQ Chicken and Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad

I've recently seen some RECIPES floating around for BBQ chicken and quinoa, and also some recipes for cilantro lime quinoa. I decided to COMBINE the two for my own special eating PLEASURE. It turned out pretty FABULOUS if I do say so myself!


BBQ Chicken and Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad
8 to 10 chicken tenders
1/2 red onion, sliced
1/2 to 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 to 2 limes
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
1 cup super sweet white corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
1 avocado

Place the chicken, onion, and barbecue sauce in a crockpot on low heat and cook 6 hours or until done. Shred the chicken with two forks and then set aside.

Prepare the quinoa according to package directions; let cool slightly and then squeeze the lime(s) over top, add the cilantro, and then stir together. Scoop the quinoa onto a plate, top with the corn, black beans, barbecue chicken, cheese, avocado, and cilantro to garnish. Makes 4 servings.

TIP: I loved it with cheese, so don't be shy about adding any. White cheddar or even a smoky gouda or mozzarella would be tasty as well. I also think more lime squeezed over the top of the whole dish is a great addition. I could honestly eat this about every night of the week. I LOVED IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment