7.15.2012

No-Bake Energy Bites

I made the mistake of making these SCRUMPTIOUS bites of goodness knowing that my husband couldn't have any. I'm fairly certain I ate all but 4 or 5 of these HEAVENLY GEMS because they were just that GOOD! I didn't really want to share but knew it was the RIGHT thing to do, so a few close friends had a bite or two. I can't wait to make them AGAIN . . .


No-Bake Energy Bites
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and let chill for 30 minutes. Remove mixture from fridge and roll into 18 to 20 balls. Keep refrigerated.

TIP: I found this recipe on Pinterest (of course!), but changed it slightly from the original that appeared on Smashed Peas and Carrots. They called for 1 cup oats and 1/2 cup ground flaxseed. I didn't have the flax, so I substituted with more oats. I also didn't have quite enough mini chips, so I threw in a small handful of regular milk chocolate chips. YUMMMMM!

1 comment: