3.25.2013

Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes

So I see a pink trend starting here. Oh well. I have two little girls! :) So anyway,  STRAWBERRIES are showing up all over, and we LOVE the little red jewels at our house! Our little kiddos eat strawberries every day as part of their lunch, and whenever else they can get their LITTLE hands on them. I decided cupcakes should be on the menu one day and WHIPPED up these little beauties. All I can say is: Oh. My.


Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
Ingredients called for on box
1 small box instant vanilla or cheesecake pudding mix
1/3 cup sour cream
1 cup chopped strawberries

Fresh Strawberry Frosting
1 stick butter, room temp
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
3 or 4 strawberries blended or smashed
Dash of salt
4 cups powdered sugar
Red food coloring, optional

Mix together the cake mix and ingredients called for on box. Stir in the pudding mix, sour cream, and strawberries. Prepare a cupcake pan with nonstick spray or line with paper cups. Fill each cup about 2/3 full and then bake as directed on box. (Typically 350 degrees for about 20 minutes in my oven is perfect!)

While the cupcakes are baking, beat together the butter, cream cheese, strawberries, and salt in a large bowl. Beat in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until smooth. Add a drop or two of red food coloring for a more intense pink color. Frost the cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve.

TIP: I like to spray my paper cupcake liners—it keeps the cup from sticking like crazy to the cupcake! Also, I think adding some white chocolate chips to the cupcake batter may also be pretty amazing. You try it and let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment