4.01.2013

Simple Chef Salad

It's that time of year when SALADS are starting to sound really good. Like, I want them for DINNER all of the time. This is one that I grew up on. I LOVED chef salad night! So it has carried over and shows up on my family's TABLE every so often. It's delicious and it's easy, and that's BASICALLY all you can ever ask for, right?


Simple Chef Salad
Chopped or torn romaine lettuce
Sliced good-quality lunchmeat turkey (and ham if you prefer)
Sliced and cubed cheddar cheese (I sometimes add monterey jack as well)
Diced red bell peppers
Shredded or thinly sliced carrots
Sliced green onion
Cucumber, quartered and sliced
Frozen peas, thawed
Sunflower seeds

Layer each of the ingredients on individual plates and serve topped with your favorite salad dressing. Easy!

TIP: You can obviously use whatever veggies you have in your fridge (probably what your family likes!), I just try to use different colors for variety. Our favorite dressing is ranch, or maybe blue cheese, but any would be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment