4.05.2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This is one of my husbands go-to appetizers. He absolutely LOVES this dip, and I have to tell you, it is SUPER addictive. I got this recipe from a friend of a friend of a friend, or something like that, and adjusted it slightly to fit my family's tastes. It is in my cookbook, 101 Things To Do With Cheese. I do ADMIT it's not necessarily pretty to look at when all is said and done, but it really is DELICIOUS!


Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 large can chicken, drained (I use the Costco brand)
3/4 cup chopped celery
1/2 bottle buffalo sauce
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup ranch dressing 
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided

In a frying pan, saute the chicken, celery, and buffalo sauce until celery is tender. Stir in the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and 1 cup cheddar cheese until mixed well and cheeses have melted. Pour mixture into a 2-quart glass casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until bubbling around the edges and cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, celery sticks, or whatever you think might be good!

TIP: Try sprinkling some Gorgonzola crumbles on top as well. It makes the whole "buffalo" experience a little more authentic. But be warned that blue cheese does not smell super appealing!

BONUS TIP: I've made this same dip but used it as a filling for wontons instead. I bake them and then we dip them in some chunky blue cheese dressing. YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I just told Jarom you're doing a cookbook with cheese- he is soooo excited!!! You'll have to let us know as soon as it comes out.

    ReplyDelete