4.10.2012

Baked Cheesy Taquitos

One night I was DREAMING up some recipes that would be good with GUACAMOLE (I had a huge avocado that needed to be used!). The hard part was that I needed it to be QUICK because we had a lot going on that day. Sooooo, these DELISH crunchy taquitos are the product of my "dreaming" session. Hope you like!


Baked Cheesy Taquitos
8 medium flour tortillas
Shredded cheddar cheese (I like to use Tillamook Medium)
Frozen corn, thawed
1 can diced green chiles

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay tortillas on a work surface and put desired amount of cheese, corn, and green chiles down the center of each (I say the more the better!). Roll up tightly and place seem side down on the prepared cookie sheet. Spray the tops with more nonstick spray and then stick in oven. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until nicely browned and toasted. Serve with some yummy guacamole (link to my recipe above) and salsa for dipping. 

TIP: You can obviously put whatever you want in these rolls of crunchy goodness! Feel free to throw in some shredded chicken or beef, or even rinsed black beans for some protein. Other veggies would be a great addition too. Just mix it up to your heart's content!




No comments:

Post a Comment