7.25.2013

Coconut Lemon Bars

I've always loved a good LEMON bar, and over the last few years I've really fallen in LOVE with coconut. When I saw a recipe that combined both of these FAB ingredients, I just knew I had to try it. And let me tell YOU, it did not disappoint!


Coconut Lemon Bars 
(from keyingredient.com)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup cold butter
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut (plus more if desired, see TIP)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.

In a bowl, combine the flour and powdered sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and baking powder until well mixed. Pour over the crust and sprinkle the coconut evenly over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and then cut into bars.

TIP: I found that a lot of my coconut sank below the lemon filling, so after it baked a while and started to set up, I sprinkled more coconut over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment