7.05.2013

Light(er) Chocolate Mug Cake

Sometimes I just want a seriously YUMMY treat, but I don't want something huge that will last for days. Well, this is the PERFECT solution. A single serving of CAKE, and it only takes a minute to bake!


Light(er) Chocolate Mug Cake
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cocoa
3 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 very heaping tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons applesauce
3 tablespoons milk (I used skim)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon mini semisweet chocolate chips

Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together—no lumps! Add the wet ingredients and stir until smooth. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Put in microwave for 40 seconds, and check to see if done. If it still looks too wet, microwave for another 10 to 20 seconds. (I did mine for 60 seconds total and it was perfect, but every microwave varies.)

TIP: I know it's supposed to be a lighter version, but I added caramel AND chocolate sauce to the top of mine in the picture above. Seriously good. Seriously. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment