9.25.2013

Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich

If you can't tell, I've totally been obsessed with SANDWICHES this summer. So maybe they are all variations of each other, but they sure all taste SUPER yum. This is the result of the huge basil plant in my GARDEN. I just love the flavor and want to incorporate it into everything!


Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich
Artisan bread of your choice, sliced
Roasted red peppers (I just grabbed a couple at the olive bar at my local Smith's)
Fresh basil
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Fresh Parmesan, shredded
Balsamic glaze (you can make your own or buy some!)

Butter the bottom of each slice of bread and then set butter side down. Drizzle balsamic glaze over other side and then layer half of them with lots of peppers, mozzarella, basil, and parmesan. Top with remaining pieces of bread, balsamic side down and grill over low to medium-low heat like you would a grilled cheese.

TIP: My husband likes meat on his sandwich so I layered some turkey and pastrami on his. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment