9.05.2013

Balsamic, Basil, and Mozzarella Cheese Naan

I have a HUGE basil plant growing in my backyard. I'm totally loving it and all the YUMMY meals I've been able to incorporate it into. It's the one HERB I would suggest everyone plants! Anyway, this is a quick little side DISH that is so easy to put together and practically steals the show from everything else on your plate. (But our corn and sauteed veggies were also delish!)


Balsamic, Basil, and Mozzarella Cheese Naan
1 package garlic naan (I buy mine at Target's bakery)
Olive oil
Fresh basil, cut into ribbons
Fresh mozzarella, broken into small pieces
Balsamic reduction (boil 1 cup balsamic vinegar down to about 1/3)

Light brush one side of the naan with olive oil sprinkle the basil and mozzarella over top, then drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Broil on LOW until naan is browned and cheese is melted.

TIP: The balsamic glaze would be fine to drizzle on after you melt the cheese in the broiler. And if you don't want the basil "cooked," sprinkle that on after as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment